Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Time Coconut Oil Failed Me

Coconut Oil is all the rage right now, I researched it like everyone else and started using it in my recipes. Well the other day I decided to start using it on my face..couldn't hurt. I saw so many pins on how good it is for your skin. Boy was I wrong. After about 4 days my face was fine looked great and so I thought wow this stuff really does work...yesterday I woke up and noticed that my face felt tight and sore. I get up and go to look in the mirror and wanted to cry. My face has red splotches all over, huge cyst like pimples, one under my eye that makes my eye so swollen I look like I got punched in the face.

I did not want to blame it on the oil but I scoured the internet yesterday to see if this has happened to anyone else. It has and that sucks. Everyones skin is different so I am sure this doesn't happen that often but it sucks.

I have told everyone I am not leaving the house until it clears up, I am so embarrassed :( Thank goodness for my sweet hubby that kept telling me how beautiful I was last night while I was feeling sad about what I looked like.

I would post a pic of this but its awful and I am embarrassed. So be careful if you have super sensitive or acne prone skin before trying coconut oil on your face.

* I wasn't going to post about this but it was Andys idea, he said maybe there are others it has happened to and you can talk to them, isn't he the sweetest?

5 comments :

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! November 18, 2014 at 12:49 PM  

You poor thing!!! Ugh, nothing is worse than that feeling of the hidden under cover zit/cyst. Maybe try to put a cold compress on your face where it's tender, it probably won't unclog anything but it might make your face feel better. Sorry darlin!

Lisa Loves John November 18, 2014 at 8:47 PM  

Oh no!! I am so sorry this happened - there is nothing worse! Note to self not to try that :(

Sarah November 19, 2014 at 12:23 PM  

oh no! Thanks for posting because I have super sensitive skin so I'll stay away!

Amanda November 19, 2014 at 11:53 PM  

Omg girl I'm so sorry...I saw u posted this on Tuesday so hopefully it's clearing up :-/ poor thing.

amanda @ as the wine cork turns November 23, 2014 at 1:00 PM  

aww i'm so sorry to hear this! i've never had this kind of reaction, but now i don't want to use it!